ALICE Technologies is the world’s first artificial intelligence platform that understands construction. ALICE empowers the world's pre-eminent construction teams with the ability to explore millions of different construction plans and answer “what if” scenarios on the fly.
With ALICE, contractors and owners can plan, bid, and build more effectively, reducing construction durations by an average of 16.2% and labor costs by 14.7% (e.g., $30M in labor-cost savings on a typical $500M project).
Your Day-to-Day at ALICE Technologies
ALICE is looking for an experienced FP&A Manager to lead our business planning and forecasting effort. This role will directly support our CFO and the rest of the leadership team. You will work cross functionally with all the areas of the business to continuously improve the accuracy of forecasting, budgeting, and reporting while providing new insights to influence the direction of the business. Your efforts will directly impact our strategy and be critical to the ongoing success of ALICE Technologies as we build the next generation of construction management software.
- Work directly with our CFO and Head of Operations to manage our company’s finances, secure compliance of our corporate records, and produce audit ready financials.
- Own the company’s Order to Cash and Procure to Pay cycles.
- Perform monthly Close cycles and financial statement reporting
- Manage staff accounting resources as they are added to the team
- Perform trend analysis and budget vs actual variance analysis
- Work closely with FPA team to ensure alignment between the plan and actual reporting; Build accruals based on forecasts.
- Deliver a monthly and quarterly financial reporting package for the senior executive team and Board
- Manage the systems needed for Accounting including Quickbooks and other ERP related tools.
- Liaison with the bank for debt products and cash account management.
- Own insurance program, taxes, and other corporate compliance needs.
- At least 4 years experience in accounting. Must have had at least two different accounting line experiences, one of which could be from public accounting and at least one of which would be from industry. Ideal industry experiences would be in high-growth, startup company situations.
- Strong attention to detail and an desire to sweat the details to get the right result
- Knowledge of GAAP accounts as applied to SAAS. Ability to get to the correct accounting result to produce 3 statement monthly reporting.
- Experiences with other related tools (NetSuite, FloQast, Bamboo, Google Tools, PowerPoint) also a plus
- Executive-level communication with the ability to clearly articulate and present ideas to all levels of an organization
- Ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done with a bias to action
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
Why Work at ALICE?
- We’re a small, early stage team that is growing with plenty of opportunity for your professional and personal growth - and we’re here to support you in that growth
- We’re building a truly innovative and category-defining artificial intelligence product in one of the world’s largest and most important industries – one that has seen limited impact from technology to-date.
- Lightweight development process based on Agile manifesto core principles
- Fantastic standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc) plus free food
- Flexible vacation policy
- We believe in sharing our success in the form of equity, which is part of the compensation for all employees
Location: Remote work; Partners with teams based in San Francisco and Austin