ALICE Technologies is the world’s first AI construction simulation and optimization platform. We leverage the computational power of AI to generate the best schedules and solutions for complex projects at each stage of the project lifecycle, from bidding, to preconstruction and through execution. With ALICE, contractors and owners can bid, plan, and build more effectively. When a project team uses ALICE, they are able to drastically reduce risk of delay or cost overrun, while accelerating construction durations by an average of 16.2% and reducing labor costs by 14.7%, resulting in millions of dollars in savings.
ALICE works with leading contractors to solve their most pressing construction challenges on some of the most complex projects in the world such as bridges, roadways, tunnels, solar farms, and high rise buildings.
Your Day-to-Day at ALICE Technologies
This high profile role will work closely with key stakeholders to have an outsized impact on our product. Some of work you’ll be doing includes:
- Architecting and implementing new product features in Java 17+
- Reinforcing our current feature-set and code base with enterprise-grade stability, scalability and usability
- Participating in the full DevOps cycle
- Minimum of 5 years of back-end software engineering experience with Java
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with algorithm-heavy products & code (e.g., business logic implementation, performance optimization)
- Deep knowledge of Spring Boot and relational databases
- Fluency in development tools (version control, CI/CD)
- Practical knowledge of software security principles (OWASP Top 10)
- Solid understanding at least two of the following:
- Web stack
- SQL/NoSQL databases
- Distributed computing
- Modern infrastructure for SaaS products
- Fluent English - speaking and writing.
- jOOQ, PostgreSQL
- Docker; Kubernetes; AWS/Azure/Google cloud
- Infrastructure as a code
- Working with large data sets (e.g. Big Data, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Graphs)
- Computer graphics
- Combinatorial optimization
- Linear Programming, Constraint Programming
Why Work at ALICE?
- We’re a small, early stage team that is growing with plenty of opportunity for your professional and personal growth - and we’re here to support you in that growth
- We’re building a truly innovative and category-defining artificial intelligence product in one of the world’s largest and most important industries
- Lightweight development process based on Agile manifesto core principles
- Significant portion of our time is spent on research to find the best ways to solve problems for our users
- On top of standard benefits package we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches
- We believe in sharing our success in the form of equity, which is part of the compensation for all employees